Saturday, August 3, 2013

Evil Dead Rewind

Here is another treasure I found at Goodwill. It's called "Autumn Day", and it's by J. Medina.




Looks like a peaceful autumn day out in the woods near a small river or creek. Maybe there's a cabin nearby where you can go to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. I know. It's up in the Smokey Mountains. You and some friends drive up there for a weekend to stay in the little cabin in the woods. There's a little bridge over this river you cross before you get to the cabin. And later that night in the cabin's cellar you find the Sumerian Book of the Dead. 


Okay, I saw the trailer for the new 2013 version of "Evil Dead" recently. Something about all the deadly serious whispering from one of the actresses and the shaky voice saying, "I read a passage from that book. I released something evil." made me laugh. It seems like they are taking a fun '80's horror movie waaay too seriously. Two minutes was enough to make me want to find my old VHS tape of the original 1981 film.


Rewind...




"Autumn Day by J. Medina (Evil Dead Rewind- Cheryl's Back!)", 2013

20" x 24", oil on oil on canvas


Eviiiill!! Dead!


No comments:

Post a Comment