Friday, March 15, 2013

My Valerie Project- Painting 4 (Valerie)

Here is the fourth and final painting from my Valerie series.




"Valerie", 2013

20" x 24", oil on canvas


And here is a detail.




And here is a trailer for the film these paintings are based on.


 
 
I found out when I started this painting series based on Valerie and Her Week of Wonders that there is a band called "The Valerie Project". The Valerie Project is an American psyche-folk band that made a whole album meant to be an alternative soundtrack to the film. The band went on tour from 2006 to 2008 and performed live at public screenings of the movie.


Start the album and the movie at the same time with the sound to the film turned off.





 
 
Members of The Valerie Project talk about their love of Valerie and Her Week of Wonders on an extras portion of a recent DVD release of the film called "Valerieholics".


8 comments:

  1. Lovely artwork - they would look nice on my wall! Have you ever come across Broadcast? They loved the film too and did a homage song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as5ZdjYGdRY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, I have heard that song by Broadcast. Members of Broadcast and The Valerie Project are featured in the YouTube clip of a extras portion of a dvd release of Valerie I posted in my blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice art work - you've really captured the essence of her character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these with me, Chet! I went ahead and posted a link to your work in the main body of my Valerie article. Love the oval portrait idea. It's very suitable for the mystified family tree theme that I got from the film. They'd work really well as stairway portraits in Valerie's house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Giovanni! I appreciate the plug.

    ReplyDelete