Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Brobee Portrait

a painting of Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba

"Brobee (Black as Thunder)", 2011

14" x 11", oil on canvasboard


So I decided to do another painting of a Yo Gabba Gabba character. Brobee is the emotional one. He has a lot of trouble hiding his sadness and frustration. He wears his heart on his sleeve, but he always pulls it together for the team when things get tough.


For instance, I remember seeing Yo Gabba play Pittsburg, or was it Cleveland a couple years ago. The band was only halfway through a set, and Brobee was on the mic doin' "There's a Party in my Tummy", when his fucking mouth starts to fall off. Stage hands rushed in to help, and the band hesitated like they wanted to stop for minute, but Brobee was all like, "I don't give a fuck if my mouths falls off." Then he just waves the stage hands away and finishes the song all punk rock with his fucking mouth just hanging there. You gotta love the Brobster! Check it out, my friend caught part of it on his cellphone...


No comments:

Post a Comment