Saturday, March 26, 2011

This must be what I want

The "Belief Validation Principle" says that you create your life based on what you believe about yourself. Your beliefs make you or break you. Then there is the "Law of Attraction", which was so famously portrayed in the runaway bestseller "The Secret". It says that "you attract into your life that which you think about". Your dominant thoughts manifest in your life. "The Secret" claims that people have the ability to attract what they want in life by controlling their thoughts and beliefs. Even Buddha supposedly said, "The mind is everything. What you think you become." Hmmm..., I'd better start trying to think more positive. But I don't even know what I want to happen anymore. Maybe that's why things are on hold, and I'm living in limbo. Somehow, subconsciously, this must be what I want.


Whenever I think about all this "Belief Validation, Law of Attraction" stuff, I somehow always remember the scene in Martin Scorsese's "Taxi Driver" when Peter Boyle, as "The Wizard", is trying to give De Niro's character, "Bickle" some helpful advice. The philosophical "Wizard" seems to understand that "what we think we become" and that we sometimes make our subconscious desires and beliefs about our selves our reality when he says, "I've been a cabbie for 17 years, and I still don't own my own cab. Why? Cuz this must be what I want, to be stuck on the night shift driving someone else's cab." It's depressing, but a great movie. I must have have seen it more times than John Hinckley Jr.




Btw, I'm glad to see they are finally releasing "Taxi Driver" on Blu-ray. I'm surprised at the films that still haven't been released on Blu-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment