Thursday, November 11, 2010

My New Painting- Day 1

When I start a new painting, I try my best to cover the whole canvas with paint right away. I don't care if it's sloppy, just so long as it isn't applied too thick. I paint with oils, so I will have to wait a couple days for this coat to dry a little before I can continue. Otherwise the surface is too gummy and tacky, and the new layers don't go on smoothly. Anyway, this is what I did today. For this new piece I am going to try to post photos after every painting session, something new to try. I've taken photos after individual painting sessions before and made cool time-lapse videos with the pics, but I've never posted a painting's progress on my blog before. I don't have a name for this piece yet, so I will continue to refer to it as "new painting" here until I can think of at least a working title.


No comments:

Post a Comment