Saturday, January 16, 2010

Godzilla Pink

Here is my latest painting: a still-life of a conch shell and an orchid with Bandai's 1968 Godzilla.




"Godzilla Pink", 2010

20" x 16", oil on cradled panel



I take the photos I use for my paintings outside. This time I painted the objects with the sky as it was behind them, instead of inventing my own background. I live near the airport, so there's a good chance of catching a big passenger jet leaving from SRQ in any photos I take outdoors, and if its a cool clear day you can often see contrails formed by the exhast of the jet engines. But are all these trails simply condensed water vapour or is the government secretly spraying us with biological agents for purposes undisclosed to us. 80's popstar and conspiracy theorist Prince weighs in on the controversy in a recent interview...


2 comments:

  1. Hey! We have to send you a shot of the robots and donuts - they're hanging in the new house in the dining room...we WILL send you a photo! This latest painting is AMAZING! I love your work, Chet!

    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Send that pic. I'll use it on this blog.

    ReplyDelete