Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Depot Dharma

My friends the threat to our Judeo-Christian values begins at our local garden center. I recently went looking for a Jesus or Mary garden statue to photograph for a new painting I had planned, but after browsing the garden centers of several department stores and home improvement centers found neither the Son of God nor the Blessed Mother. Instead I encountered numerous occultic gnomes and fairies, a couple of St. Francis statues and Buddha after Buddha after Buddha. Why fight it? Here's my latest painting...



painting of buddha head with shells and orchid

"Garden Center Buddha", 2009

20" x 16", oil on canvas board


2 comments:

  1. Nice! Is it for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm probably going to put it in Innervisions Gallery in Bradenton this weekend.

    ReplyDelete