Friday, January 16, 2009

Bless this blog

A painting of a hand giving the sign of the benediction

"Your Blessened", 2009

16" x 12", oil on canvas board


A raised hand giving the benediction, the second in a series of paintings of hands I've been working on. I had an argument with my wife about the length of the palm. Most people's palms are longer than they think. The fingers look shorter from the inside of the hand. The scar on the wrist is real too. It makes this "blessing" a little ironic.


I took the name for the painting from a song off the Melvins' 1991 album "Bullhead". "Your Blessened": It's a play on words, I guess. You're not. I am your... nevermind. The Mighty Melvins are still going strong to this day. Below is a video of what the band is up to these days.



2 comments:

  1. Yes...Pancake Mountain! I've got 2 DVDs of this show. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chet chet out sketchtheatre.com it has Chet Zar on it pretty cool shit.

    ReplyDelete